Paschal to welcome Pope Benedict
EXCITEMENT and nerves will be mingling in equal measures as Paschal Uche makes his final preparations to welcome Pope Benedict today.
He will be joining thousands of young people at Westminster Cathedral where the Pope will celebrate Mass during his historic four-day visit to Britian.
Paschal will be welcoming the Holy Father, who is only the second ever Pope to visit Britain, with a short speech. Of course, the 21-year-old Pharmacy student is every excited at the honour.
He said: “I couldn’t believe I’d been asked. Its very, very exciting. I am going to be standing just a few feet from the Pope and I’m very privileged and honoured to be sharing a platform with him.”
He is a youth representative at St Francis of Assisi Church in Stratford and was chosen by Father Dominic, a member of the planning committee for the visit, for his work at the church.
You may also want to watch:
Paschal recently took part in a Papal visit preparation day organised by Brentwood Catholic Youth Service for parish youth representatives from across Brentwood Diocese.
Paschal, who is studying for a degree in pharmacy at Nottingham University, will welcome the Pope with a short speech highlighting the work done by young people up and down the country.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
Are you going to London to see the Pope? Do you have a storyo to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us your experiences of the Pope’s historic visit.