Paschal to welcome Pope Benedict
EXCITEMENT and nerves will be mingling in equal measures as Paschal Uche makes his final preparations to welcome Pope Benedict today.
He will be joining thousands of young people at Westminster Cathedral where the Pope will celebrate Mass during his historic four-day visit to Britian.
Paschal will be welcoming the Holy Father, who is only the second ever Pope to visit Britain, with a short speech. Of course, the 21-year-old Pharmacy student is every excited at the honour.
He said: “I couldn’t believe I’d been asked. Its very, very exciting. I am going to be standing just a few feet from the Pope and I’m very privileged and honoured to be sharing a platform with him.”
He is a youth representative at St Francis of Assisi Church in Stratford and was chosen by Father Dominic, a member of the planning committee for the visit, for his work at the church.
You may also want to watch:
Paschal recently took part in a Papal visit preparation day organised by Brentwood Catholic Youth Service for parish youth representatives from across Brentwood Diocese.
Paschal, who is studying for a degree in pharmacy at Nottingham University, will welcome the Pope with a short speech highlighting the work done by young people up and down the country.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
Are you going to London to see the Pope? Do you have a storyo to tell? Email email@example.com to tell us your experiences of the Pope’s historic visit.