Party celebrates East Ham birthday girl Kathleen’s 100th
- Credit: Archant
Balloons and chocolate cake helped life-long Londoner Kathleen Hibbard celebrate her 100th birthday.
Staff at Manor House Care Home put on a special spread to celebrate her momentous birthday on Tuesday.
She received telegrams and cards from the Queen, Sir Robin Wales, the Mayor of Newham, and MP Iain Duncan Smith.
Adrianna Grotek, the home’s activities coordinator, describes Kathleen is a keen shopper.
“She doesn’t have many family members but we know she’s lived in London all her life,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all her family. People are visiting other residents but many know her so they visit her too, as well as others.”
Kathleen is the East Ham home’s second centenarian.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?