Parents’ fears over metal fans near nursery in Stratford
It might look harmless from afar but this phone cabinet sparked alarm among parents in Stratford.
The top of the green, waist high unit in Colegrave Road, was damaged, leaving three constantly whirring metal fans exposed.
The cabinet is close to Chandos Day Nursery.
Parent Sarfraz Hassanjee, from Plaistow, saw the uncovered fans when picking up his two-year-old daughter Aaliyah from the nursery.
He said: “It was totally shocking to see it there like that. I put a stone on it and just bounced straight off. Can you imagine if a child had gone near it?.”
Mr Hassanjee reported the damaged cabinet to Newham Council’s environmental health team. The fans have now been protected with a temporary cover.
The phone cabinet is believed to belong to a cable firm or several mobile phone operators.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 4 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 5 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
A BT engineer went to the scene last week and a spokesman said: “It appeared the metal grille on tip of the cabinet had been ripped out. A wooden box is now covering it.”