Pantomime troupe performs at Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton
- Credit: submitted
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton opened its doors to the Starlight Pantomime Troupe as they performed Sleeping Beauty.
The show was part of the annual Summerfest festival at the hospice, which cares for terminally ill children and provides support for their families.
Hayley Bryant, who plays Fairy Nuff in Sleeping Beauty, said, “Our summer panto is designed to be really engaging and entertaining for the children and we hope that our performance at Richard House gave everyone there a good dose of fun!”
The event also included a local dance performance, a bouncy castle, a demonstration by the Fire Brigade, and art activities.
Volunteers from the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills also helped out.
You may also want to watch:
Other summer activities at the hospice have included a canal boat trip and an animal day, and a trips to Woburn Safari Park and Brighton are planned.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses