Pantomime troupe performs at Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton
- Credit: submitted
Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton opened its doors to the Starlight Pantomime Troupe as they performed Sleeping Beauty.
The show was part of the annual Summerfest festival at the hospice, which cares for terminally ill children and provides support for their families.
Hayley Bryant, who plays Fairy Nuff in Sleeping Beauty, said, “Our summer panto is designed to be really engaging and entertaining for the children and we hope that our performance at Richard House gave everyone there a good dose of fun!”
The event also included a local dance performance, a bouncy castle, a demonstration by the Fire Brigade, and art activities.
Volunteers from the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills also helped out.
You may also want to watch:
Other summer activities at the hospice have included a canal boat trip and an animal day, and a trips to Woburn Safari Park and Brighton are planned.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case