Panto stars join pupils to entertain Beckton shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers at Beckton’s Gallion’s Reach Shopping Park got into the Christmas spirit early at the weekend as they were joined by the cast of Jack and the Beanstalk.
The cast, who will be starring in The Broadway Theatre’s latest panto, joined school children from Gallion’s Reach Primary School to entertain shoppers with Christmas carols before turning on the Christmas lights.
As well as the shopping centre, the cast, which includes former Eastender’s actress Michelle Gayle, visited The Jolly Jungle play centre in Becontree Health Leisure Centre and Vicarage Fields Shopping Centre.
Andrea Ince who is helping to promote the show, said: “It was a great day and the cast look forward to seeing everyone at the Panto when it opens on November 28.
“We are very grateful to Gallion’s Reach Shopping Park for kindly sponsoring this year’s Pantomime.”
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Goddard, Centre Manager of Gallions Reach Shopping Park, added: “Pantomimes are as much of a festive tradition as Christmas shopping.”
Tickets are still available from the Box Office on Tel: 0208 507 5607 or online at www.thebroadwaybarking.com
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season