Pair escape kitchen fire in Beckton

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation this afternoon after a kitchen fire in Beckton.

Fifteen firefighters from East Ham and Plaistow tackled the blaze in Aaron Hill Road, at about 2.15pm.

The occupants, a man and woman, left the flat before crews arrived and were checked over at the scene by paramedics.

The blaze, which was under control by 3.10pm, caused serious damage to the kitchen.

Crews were unable to identify the cause of the fire and an investigation is now under way.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter