Search

Pair escape kitchen fire in Beckton

PUBLISHED: 16:14 10 February 2012

The blaze was out in an hour

The blaze was out in an hour

Archant

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation this afternoon after a kitchen fire in Beckton.

Fifteen firefighters from East Ham and Plaistow tackled the blaze in Aaron Hill Road, at about 2.15pm.

The occupants, a man and woman, left the flat before crews arrived and were checked over at the scene by paramedics.

The blaze, which was under control by 3.10pm, caused serious damage to the kitchen.

Crews were unable to identify the cause of the fire and an investigation is now under way.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Newham Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Newham Recorder