Paint vandals strike again at Manor Park high street shops
Paint throwers have struck once again in High Street North in Manor Park, with business owners facing up to another clean up bill.
Shopfronts were apparently the targets of the attack in the early hours - the second within a week.
The vandals also left a trail of destruction behind on the pavement, which was also coated in white paint.
Matthew Watts, manager at Your Move estate agents, admitted it was a nuisance but said it had no affect on business.
“To be honest, it’s one of those things. I would have thought it was kids or someone with too much time on their hands. I just don’t know what you get out of doing it.
“It has happened to us before so we had to get it cleaned off. It’s only emulsion.
He added: “Hopefully they will catch whoever did this.”
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Passer-by Kamrul Mazid and former Forest Gate sari shop owner spotted the paint on the road on his drive to work.
He said: “It’s not harming anyone, but its a nuisance to clean up, time consuming, and is just more work for everyone. “I just thought it was that it happened again on the day a story appeared in the Newham Recorder.”
Asim Khan, who works at Dixy Chicken, said he thought they had got off lightly considering all the paint.
He said: “When I came to work I saw a load of paint all over the footpath, but it didn’t get on our shop.
“We are quite lucky that it didn’t come into the shop.”