Overcrowding forces Stratford station closure
PART of Stratford station was closed this morning after problems on the Tube and DLR led to overcrowding.
The Jubilee line was suspended between London Bridge and Stratford due to a faulty train at North Greenwich.
Passengers were advised to use alternative routes including the DLR but there were also delays on those services due to an earlier track fault.
Overcrowding at Stratford forced the closure of the Jubilee line platforms for a short time at around 9am.
Central line services were still calling at the station.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London were still reporting severe delays on the Jubilee line several hours later.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike