Overcrowding forces Stratford station closure
PART of Stratford station was closed this morning after problems on the Tube and DLR led to overcrowding.
The Jubilee line was suspended between London Bridge and Stratford due to a faulty train at North Greenwich.
Passengers were advised to use alternative routes including the DLR but there were also delays on those services due to an earlier track fault.
Overcrowding at Stratford forced the closure of the Jubilee line platforms for a short time at around 9am.
Central line services were still calling at the station.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London were still reporting severe delays on the Jubilee line several hours later.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory