Our Tessa gets them on the run
LEGENDARY athlete Tessa Sanderson flagged off the winter series of the City of London West Ham Park 5k run on Sunday.
More than 50 runners from all age groups took part in the run which was won by summer season winner Igor Cojusneanu with a timing of 17 minutes 49 seconds.
Muhammad Tariq was a distant second with a timing of 20.12, while James Whittington finished in third spot in 21.14.
Ilona Bagi of Serpentine Running Club finished in first place in the women’s 5k run with a time of 22.17 as Jane Ithier-Aimee came home in second place clocking 26.08. Annika Norton completed the run in third place in 26.23.
Andrew Wallin came first in the men’s over-40 category clocking 20.33, while Kenneth Barrett (24.27) and Alvin White (24.39) finished in second and third place respectively.
You may also want to watch:
In the women’s over-35 category Laura Williams came home as the first female runner clocking 20.27. Sharon Springfield of East London Runners was second with 21. 53 and Eva Szenok took 25.45 to finish the run in third spot.
This is the third edition of the West Ham Park Run, which will consist of series of 10 Sunday runs at motivating runners and preparing them to take part in the Newham Classic 10k scheduled to be held on April 10, 2011.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
The next run will be held this Sunday, November 28.