Our Memory Lane quest...what do you know about this Beckton picture from the past?
Today we present more of your memories...this time from America
Today we present more of your memories in our Memory Lane feature, all the way from America.
If you would like to contribute to this column, send your memories with a photograph to the Editor, Colin Grainger, Memory Lane, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex , IG1 1UD.
Or you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (please send pictures as jpegs).
This week’s superb Memory Lane comes all the way from Dandy in Virginia from one the Recorder’s vast army of ex Newhammers abroad.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Borcherding is delighted was havhe re-started our Memory Lane column and shows the Old Beckton Street School in what was then the old County Borough of West Ham, back in the early 1900s.
Pat told us: “ My mum has this old picture of Beckton Street School, taken in the early 1900’s . It would be great to feature is in the Newham Recorder and to see if any one knows of a family member in picture.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
“My mum’s family grew up in Plaistow but have since moved away many years ago, We would love to know more about the children, who knows may be one of my family members years ago.
“It is dated 1914 Beckton Road. I keep my fingers crossed that someone may recognize family., “ said Pat.
If you can help solve the mystery email the Editor email@example.com or Pat directly at firstname.lastname@example.org y