Our Memory Lane quest...what do you know about this Beckton picture from the past?
Today we present more of your memories...this time from America
Today we present more of your memories in our Memory Lane feature, all the way from America.
If you would like to contribute to this column, send your memories with a photograph to the Editor, Colin Grainger, Memory Lane, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex , IG1 1UD.
Or you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (please send pictures as jpegs).
This week’s superb Memory Lane comes all the way from Dandy in Virginia from one the Recorder’s vast army of ex Newhammers abroad.
Pat Borcherding is delighted was havhe re-started our Memory Lane column and shows the Old Beckton Street School in what was then the old County Borough of West Ham, back in the early 1900s.
Pat told us: “ My mum has this old picture of Beckton Street School, taken in the early 1900’s . It would be great to feature is in the Newham Recorder and to see if any one knows of a family member in picture.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
“My mum’s family grew up in Plaistow but have since moved away many years ago, We would love to know more about the children, who knows may be one of my family members years ago.
“It is dated 1914 Beckton Road. I keep my fingers crossed that someone may recognize family., “ said Pat.
If you can help solve the mystery email the Editor email@example.com or Pat directly at firstname.lastname@example.org y