Our Memory Lane quest...what do you know about this Beckton picture from the past?
Today we present more of your memories...this time from America
Today we present more of your memories in our Memory Lane feature, all the way from America.
If you would like to contribute to this column, send your memories with a photograph to the Editor, Colin Grainger, Memory Lane, Newham Recorder, 539 High Road, Ilford, Essex , IG1 1UD.
Or you can email them to email@example.com (please send pictures as jpegs).
This week’s superb Memory Lane comes all the way from Dandy in Virginia from one the Recorder’s vast army of ex Newhammers abroad.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Borcherding is delighted was havhe re-started our Memory Lane column and shows the Old Beckton Street School in what was then the old County Borough of West Ham, back in the early 1900s.
Pat told us: “ My mum has this old picture of Beckton Street School, taken in the early 1900’s . It would be great to feature is in the Newham Recorder and to see if any one knows of a family member in picture.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
“My mum’s family grew up in Plaistow but have since moved away many years ago, We would love to know more about the children, who knows may be one of my family members years ago.
“It is dated 1914 Beckton Road. I keep my fingers crossed that someone may recognize family., “ said Pat.
If you can help solve the mystery email the Editor firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat directly at email@example.com y