Orient winger Porter is up there with the best says Clarke
On-loan midfielder is full of praise for O’s youngster
Orient’s on-loan midfielder Tom Clarke knows all about good wingers.
The Huddersfield Town player saw Gary Roberts and Anthony Pilkington rip League One defences apart last season.
But Clarke, who joined the O’s in September on a 93-day loan, believes that Orient’s teenage winger George Porter is up there with the best of them.
And he insists that the youngster can play a big part in helping Orient continue to climb the table.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke was full of praise for Porter after Saturday’s goalless draw with Stevenage and has watched the youngster progress during his short time at Brisbane Road.
“He has come in and is a good pro,” said Clarke.
- 1 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
“He is doing really well in matches. He was coming on and changing games. Now he’s starting and doing it on a 90-minute basis. You can give him the ball and he can do the rest.
“There are some good wingers at Huddersfield and I see George right up there,” added Clarke.
However, the O’s could be battling to hang on to Porter when the transfer window opens.
Ipswich have been watching the youngster and it’s been reported that Millwall and Nottingham Forest are also looking at the 19-year-old, who has burst on to the scene this season.
But while Porter could be leaving at some stage, one man likely to be joining the O’s is Queens Park Rangers winger Lee Cook.
It seems that a month’s loan deal has been agreed and is likely to be announced tomorrow (Thursday) before the loan window closes.
O’s boss Russell Slade said he was ‘very tempted’ to bring in a loan signing as cover for Dean Cox and winger Cook confirmed this week that he is set to complete a one-month loan switch to Brisbane Road.