Orient trio face fitness checks
League One: Leyton Orient v Sheffield United 3pm
Skipper Nathan Clarke hopes Orient can build on their victory at Walsall when they entertain Sheffield United on Saturday.
The Blades are unbeaten in 10 games this season and Clarke said: “The midweek win at Walsall sets us up nicely for what will be a really tough game.
“Looking at the players they have got there’s no doubt Sheffield United have a strong squad and quite rightly they were most people’s favourites for the title at the start of the season.
“It won’t be easy that’s for sure.”
Orient have lost just one of their last six games and manager Russell Slade is set to give fitness checks to midfield trio Anthony Griffith, Martin Rowlands and Dean Cox, who all picked up slight knocks in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Walsall.
“I’m hoping that as many as possible will be available for Saturday,” said Slade.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack