Orient trio face fitness checks
League One: Leyton Orient v Sheffield United 3pm
Skipper Nathan Clarke hopes Orient can build on their victory at Walsall when they entertain Sheffield United on Saturday.
The Blades are unbeaten in 10 games this season and Clarke said: “The midweek win at Walsall sets us up nicely for what will be a really tough game.
“Looking at the players they have got there’s no doubt Sheffield United have a strong squad and quite rightly they were most people’s favourites for the title at the start of the season.
“It won’t be easy that’s for sure.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient have lost just one of their last six games and manager Russell Slade is set to give fitness checks to midfield trio Anthony Griffith, Martin Rowlands and Dean Cox, who all picked up slight knocks in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Walsall.
“I’m hoping that as many as possible will be available for Saturday,” said Slade.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation