Orient trio face fitness checks
League One: Leyton Orient v Sheffield United 3pm
Skipper Nathan Clarke hopes Orient can build on their victory at Walsall when they entertain Sheffield United on Saturday.
The Blades are unbeaten in 10 games this season and Clarke said: “The midweek win at Walsall sets us up nicely for what will be a really tough game.
“Looking at the players they have got there’s no doubt Sheffield United have a strong squad and quite rightly they were most people’s favourites for the title at the start of the season.
“It won’t be easy that’s for sure.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient have lost just one of their last six games and manager Russell Slade is set to give fitness checks to midfield trio Anthony Griffith, Martin Rowlands and Dean Cox, who all picked up slight knocks in Tuesday’s 2-1 win at Walsall.
“I’m hoping that as many as possible will be available for Saturday,” said Slade.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 7 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?