ORIENT: Team news - Andrew Whings in for Rochdale clash
New loan signing links up with the O’s
ORIENT’S new loan signing Andrew Whing, who has joined on loan from Brighton until the start of January, goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home clash with Rochdale.
The O’s go into the game having lost just once in their last six league games and manager Russell Slade believes the club’s fortunes are starting to improve.
“I think it feels like our form is beginning to turn around,” he said.
“Rochdale are ninth in the table, but it’s such a tight league and we’re hoping to be three points closer to them by the end of the game tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade is delighted to have signed Whing and said: “He can play right back, left back or centre back, so he will be a useful acquisition at this stage of the season.
“You need to build up one or two numbers as you go into the winter months as suspensions and injuries kick in.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
“Andy’s a really good type, so I’m pleased that we’ve got his signature.”
Slade is likely to recall fit-again skipper Stephen Dawson, who is fit again after illness and injury, but strikers Scott McGleish (rib) Paul-Jose Mpoku (hamstring) and Jonathan Tehoue (virus) are set to miss out, while defender Charlie Daniels faces a late fitness check.