ORIENT: Team news - Andrew Whings in for Rochdale clash
New loan signing links up with the O’s
ORIENT’S new loan signing Andrew Whing, who has joined on loan from Brighton until the start of January, goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home clash with Rochdale.
The O’s go into the game having lost just once in their last six league games and manager Russell Slade believes the club’s fortunes are starting to improve.
“I think it feels like our form is beginning to turn around,” he said.
“Rochdale are ninth in the table, but it’s such a tight league and we’re hoping to be three points closer to them by the end of the game tomorrow.”
Slade is delighted to have signed Whing and said: “He can play right back, left back or centre back, so he will be a useful acquisition at this stage of the season.
“You need to build up one or two numbers as you go into the winter months as suspensions and injuries kick in.”
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
“Andy’s a really good type, so I’m pleased that we’ve got his signature.”
Slade is likely to recall fit-again skipper Stephen Dawson, who is fit again after illness and injury, but strikers Scott McGleish (rib) Paul-Jose Mpoku (hamstring) and Jonathan Tehoue (virus) are set to miss out, while defender Charlie Daniels faces a late fitness check.