ORIENT: Team news - Andrew Whings in for Rochdale clash
New loan signing links up with the O’s
ORIENT’S new loan signing Andrew Whing, who has joined on loan from Brighton until the start of January, goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s home clash with Rochdale.
The O’s go into the game having lost just once in their last six league games and manager Russell Slade believes the club’s fortunes are starting to improve.
“I think it feels like our form is beginning to turn around,” he said.
“Rochdale are ninth in the table, but it’s such a tight league and we’re hoping to be three points closer to them by the end of the game tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade is delighted to have signed Whing and said: “He can play right back, left back or centre back, so he will be a useful acquisition at this stage of the season.
“You need to build up one or two numbers as you go into the winter months as suspensions and injuries kick in.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
“Andy’s a really good type, so I’m pleased that we’ve got his signature.”
Slade is likely to recall fit-again skipper Stephen Dawson, who is fit again after illness and injury, but strikers Scott McGleish (rib) Paul-Jose Mpoku (hamstring) and Jonathan Tehoue (virus) are set to miss out, while defender Charlie Daniels faces a late fitness check.