Orient striker struggling to win fitness battle
Head injury may keep Lisbie out of Hartlepool clash
Orient striker Kevin Lisbie may miss next weekend’s game against Hartlepool after suffering a head injury during Saturday’s victory at Rochdale.
Lisbie was substituted after 24 minutes after he was caught by Dale’s Pim Balkeston.
Manager Russell Slade confirmed: “Kevin was knocked out. You can see on the DVD he goes down like a heavywightboxer. He was spark out.”
“We’ll just have to see. There’ll be a period of time where perhaps he can’t do any football, so he might be a doubt for next Saturday.”
Orient will be looking to stretch their unbeaten run to eight games, following their 2-0 win at Rochdale on Saturday.
“We’re starting to score goals now, that’s really pleasing, but what pleased me most was the clean sheet,” said Slade.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
“That was fantastic. I thought that Cuthbert at the back was excellent, the keeper (Lee Butcher) has done well and ‘Forbesy’ (Terrell Forbes)too. I thought they defended really well.
“It was a good away performance. We had to be strong, we had to be disciplined, but I always felt that we looked really positive on the counter attack.”
Orient, who reached the fifth round of the FA Cup last season before going out to Arsenal, have drawn Blue Square South side Bromley in the first round of this season’s competition.
Bromley have had to battle through three qualifying rounds and overcame Dartford 2-1 on Saturday to earn a trip to Brisbane Road.