Orient striker set for a return at Bournemouth
McGleish could be back but Chambers looks set to miss out
ORIENT striker Scott McGleish could return for the trip to second-in-the-table Bournemouth at the weekend.
McGleish failed to appear for the second half of Orient’s FA Cup win at Swansea last weekend because of a thigh strain and was also ruled out of the midweek clash with Brighton.
But O’s boss Russell Slade hopes the veteran hitman, who has already scored 12 times this season, could be back for the clash at Dean Court.
“Scott should be close to a return,” admitted the Orient boss, although Adam Chambers will miss the match.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder, who started his first full game since early November against Brighton on Tuesday night lasted less than five minutes.
He needed stitches in a gashed leg and Slade admitted: “It’s just not going for Adam at the moment.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
Although Orient are just three points above the drop zone, they have lost just one of the their last 16 games.
Former O’s skipper Stephen Purches, who joined Bournemouth in the summer, is likely to be on the subs’ bench for the Cherries.