Orient striker set for a return at Bournemouth
McGleish could be back but Chambers looks set to miss out
ORIENT striker Scott McGleish could return for the trip to second-in-the-table Bournemouth at the weekend.
McGleish failed to appear for the second half of Orient’s FA Cup win at Swansea last weekend because of a thigh strain and was also ruled out of the midweek clash with Brighton.
But O’s boss Russell Slade hopes the veteran hitman, who has already scored 12 times this season, could be back for the clash at Dean Court.
“Scott should be close to a return,” admitted the Orient boss, although Adam Chambers will miss the match.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder, who started his first full game since early November against Brighton on Tuesday night lasted less than five minutes.
He needed stitches in a gashed leg and Slade admitted: “It’s just not going for Adam at the moment.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Although Orient are just three points above the drop zone, they have lost just one of the their last 16 games.
Former O’s skipper Stephen Purches, who joined Bournemouth in the summer, is likely to be on the subs’ bench for the Cherries.