Orient striker set for a return at Bournemouth
McGleish could be back but Chambers looks set to miss out
ORIENT striker Scott McGleish could return for the trip to second-in-the-table Bournemouth at the weekend.
McGleish failed to appear for the second half of Orient’s FA Cup win at Swansea last weekend because of a thigh strain and was also ruled out of the midweek clash with Brighton.
But O’s boss Russell Slade hopes the veteran hitman, who has already scored 12 times this season, could be back for the clash at Dean Court.
“Scott should be close to a return,” admitted the Orient boss, although Adam Chambers will miss the match.
The midfielder, who started his first full game since early November against Brighton on Tuesday night lasted less than five minutes.
He needed stitches in a gashed leg and Slade admitted: “It’s just not going for Adam at the moment.”
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 4 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 5 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 6 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 9 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 10 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
Although Orient are just three points above the drop zone, they have lost just one of the their last 16 games.
Former O’s skipper Stephen Purches, who joined Bournemouth in the summer, is likely to be on the subs’ bench for the Cherries.