Orient striker Brunt earns praise from Nugent
Assistant boss is delighted with the latest win
Striker Ryan Brunt celebrated his first start for Orient with a goal against Yeovil Town on Tuesday night and earned rich praise from assistant manager Kevin Nugent.
Brunt came off the bench to score the winner against Brentford last week and then grabbed Orient’s second goal in their 4-1 victory over Yeovil.
Nugent, a former O’s striker himself, said: “Ryan trains particularly, hard, he is a very fit lad and he is a player that gives centre halves problems.
“He works so hard and he deserves the goal he got and he deserves the credit he gets as well.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient recorded their third successive win against Yeovil and Nugent added: “It was a very good performance against a good side, we had a few chances and could have had a penalty in the first half as well.
“But as much as the chances we had, our defensive display has been very, very good. We only conceded one, so the defensive side of things is good and that gives you a platform.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
There was praise too for midfielder Jimmy Smith, who returned to the side in place of Martin Rowlands, who missed the match through illness.
“Jimmy was back in and he’s another one that has worked really hard,” said Nugent.
“He was unfortunate to be out of the side, but sometimes we freshen things up and we are looking to try and get the right formula with the 10 new players we have brought in.