Orient start their season at Charlton Athletic
London sides are paired together in the Capital One Cup
Leyton Orient launch their season with a derby duel at Charlton Athletic in the Capital One Cup.
With the League One season starting two weeks later than normal, the O’s launch their campaign with a League Cup tie at Charlton in the week commencing August 13.
It will be an ideal start for Russell Slade’s side as they test themselves against the newly-promoted Championship outfit Charlton, who won the League One title last season.
Orient were one of the few clubs to beat Chris Powell’s side last term, when they triumphed 1-0 at Brisbane Road on New Year’s Eve, but Charlton gained revenge with a 2-0 win at The Valley.
You may also want to watch:
O’s beat Southend and Bristol Rovers in last season’s League Cup, before losing 3-2 at Blackburn Rovers, while Charlton beat Reading before losing at home to Preston.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week