Orient start on the road again at Tranmere
But it’s Swindon at home in a Christmas cracker
Orient kick-off their League One season with a trip to Tranmere Rovers On Saturday August 18.
Russell Slade’s side have also been drawn away to Charlton in the Capital One Cup, so it means O’s fans will have to wait until Tuesday, August 21 for the first match at Brisbane Road, when the O’s entertain Stevenage.
The first Saturday home game follows on August 25, when Hartlepool United are the visitors.
London rivals Brentford are early-season visitors to Brisbane Road, as the Bees visit The Matchroom on Saturday September 15.
You may also want to watch:
Newly-promoted Swindon Town provide the Boxing Day opposition on when Orient are at home, but there’s a long trip to Yeovil on New Year’s Day.
The season ends on Saturday, April 27, when Oldham Athletic are the visitors.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
O’s entertain relegated duo Coventry City on Saturday, October 27 and Portsmouth on Tuesday, March 12, while Sheffield United visit on Saturday, October 6.
It’s the fourth season running that the O’s have been handed a trip on the opening day of the League season and while first-day crowds can be a big draw, Orient chief executive Matthew Porter admitted on his personal Twitter account: “Although we’ve been away on first day for the last three years, we’ve been at home on Boxing Day which can be a big crowd puller.”