Orient start on the road again at Tranmere
But it’s Swindon at home in a Christmas cracker
Orient kick-off their League One season with a trip to Tranmere Rovers On Saturday August 18.
Russell Slade’s side have also been drawn away to Charlton in the Capital One Cup, so it means O’s fans will have to wait until Tuesday, August 21 for the first match at Brisbane Road, when the O’s entertain Stevenage.
The first Saturday home game follows on August 25, when Hartlepool United are the visitors.
London rivals Brentford are early-season visitors to Brisbane Road, as the Bees visit The Matchroom on Saturday September 15.
You may also want to watch:
Newly-promoted Swindon Town provide the Boxing Day opposition on when Orient are at home, but there’s a long trip to Yeovil on New Year’s Day.
The season ends on Saturday, April 27, when Oldham Athletic are the visitors.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
O’s entertain relegated duo Coventry City on Saturday, October 27 and Portsmouth on Tuesday, March 12, while Sheffield United visit on Saturday, October 6.
It’s the fourth season running that the O’s have been handed a trip on the opening day of the League season and while first-day crowds can be a big draw, Orient chief executive Matthew Porter admitted on his personal Twitter account: “Although we’ve been away on first day for the last three years, we’ve been at home on Boxing Day which can be a big crowd puller.”