Orient star still two weeks away from fitness
Slade admits the team miss Cox’s spark
Leyton Orient entertain Exeter City on Saturday desperately looking for goals having failed to score in their last three games.
But they will still be without winger Dean Cox, who is the club’s leading scorer with seven to his credit.
Orient’s last goal came against Bromley in the first round of the FA Cup, when Cox suffered a knee injury and his invention and goals have been missed.
Manager Russell Slade admitted: “The little man sets you alight and sometimes when your team needs a spark ‘Coxie’ is the man that can give you that.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course we’re missing him, it goes without saying, but he is probably still two weeks away at least.
“The quicker we get him back the better.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel