Orient star still two weeks away from fitness
Slade admits the team miss Cox’s spark
Leyton Orient entertain Exeter City on Saturday desperately looking for goals having failed to score in their last three games.
But they will still be without winger Dean Cox, who is the club’s leading scorer with seven to his credit.
Orient’s last goal came against Bromley in the first round of the FA Cup, when Cox suffered a knee injury and his invention and goals have been missed.
Manager Russell Slade admitted: “The little man sets you alight and sometimes when your team needs a spark ‘Coxie’ is the man that can give you that.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course we’re missing him, it goes without saying, but he is probably still two weeks away at least.
“The quicker we get him back the better.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work