Orient star back for Stevenage trip
Cox targets a return at Broadhall Way
Orient’s influential winger Dean Cox could be back on the bench for the first game of the New Year at Stevenage on Monday.
Cox has been out of action since he suffered a knee injury against Bromley in the first round of the FA Cup on Saturday November 12 and Orient boss Russell Slade hoped he would return for the festive fixtures.
However, Cox failed to make the squad against MK Dons on Boxing Day and it looks as if he will not return until the new year,
“Coxie is probably two weeks away, but no more than that,” confirmed the Orient manager.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect him back in time for the Carlisle trip on January 7, but he could figure in the squad before then.”
Which means Cox could be back on the bench at Broadhall Way next Monday.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 6 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 7 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs