Orient star back for Stevenage trip
Cox targets a return at Broadhall Way
Orient’s influential winger Dean Cox could be back on the bench for the first game of the New Year at Stevenage on Monday.
Cox has been out of action since he suffered a knee injury against Bromley in the first round of the FA Cup on Saturday November 12 and Orient boss Russell Slade hoped he would return for the festive fixtures.
However, Cox failed to make the squad against MK Dons on Boxing Day and it looks as if he will not return until the new year,
“Coxie is probably two weeks away, but no more than that,” confirmed the Orient manager.
“We expect him back in time for the Carlisle trip on January 7, but he could figure in the squad before then.”
Which means Cox could be back on the bench at Broadhall Way next Monday.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty