Orient skipper: “We have got to get something from the Exeter game”
Spring believes relegation battle could go down to the wire
Orient skipper Matt Spring insists his side have got to get something out of today’s game at Exeter City.
The O’s have lost five of their last seven matches and are now just four points above the drop zone.
Spring said: “The Exeter game is doubly important, if we don’t get anything out of that, we are going to be deep in it.
“We have got to go there and get something. It doesn’t matter how we do it, we have just got to get something from the game.”
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder says the club have not set any targets.
“We just need as many points as we can. Four points should keep us safe. It will go the wire I think.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
“We have just got to get some points on the board and if we can’t win, we have to make sure we don’t lose,” he said.
Midfielder Jimmy Smith is likely to be missing after suffering a head injury during Friday’s 3-1 defeat by Notts County