Orient skipper Dawson: “We have got to get better”
Captain knows the pressure is on for Wycombe clash
Skipper Stephen Dawson insists that Orient will rediscover their winning touch, as they look to open their points account against Wycombe Wanderers tonight.
“We’re two games in and we know we need to be a lot better,” said the Orient captain.
“I’m not going to stand here and say we’re playing well, because I don’t think we are as a team or individually.
“At the moment we are not getting the ball down and we are not passing as well as we can do, but that will come.
You may also want to watch:
“It takes time and I’m not going to start slating everyone, because we know what we can do.”
After successive 1-0 defeats against Walsall and Tranmere Rovers in the league, Dawson knows the pressure is on for Orient to open their account tonight.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 8 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 9 Fares Maatou death: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 10 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
“All of a sudden it’s a big game, as we need to get off the mark in the league,” said Dawson and he is expecting another difficult test.
“It’s going to be tough, Wycombe haven’t started too badly,” admitted the midfielder, who returned from injury last weekend.
“They are going to be hard-working and they will probably come here and try and do what Tranmere did to us. But we have got to get used to that and we have got to move the ball quicker.
“We have got to keep going and we have got to get a win and I believe we will.”