Orient skipper Dawson: “We have got to get better”
Captain knows the pressure is on for Wycombe clash
Skipper Stephen Dawson insists that Orient will rediscover their winning touch, as they look to open their points account against Wycombe Wanderers tonight.
“We’re two games in and we know we need to be a lot better,” said the Orient captain.
“I’m not going to stand here and say we’re playing well, because I don’t think we are as a team or individually.
“At the moment we are not getting the ball down and we are not passing as well as we can do, but that will come.
You may also want to watch:
“It takes time and I’m not going to start slating everyone, because we know what we can do.”
After successive 1-0 defeats against Walsall and Tranmere Rovers in the league, Dawson knows the pressure is on for Orient to open their account tonight.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
“All of a sudden it’s a big game, as we need to get off the mark in the league,” said Dawson and he is expecting another difficult test.
“It’s going to be tough, Wycombe haven’t started too badly,” admitted the midfielder, who returned from injury last weekend.
“They are going to be hard-working and they will probably come here and try and do what Tranmere did to us. But we have got to get used to that and we have got to move the ball quicker.
“We have got to keep going and we have got to get a win and I believe we will.”