Orient skipper Dawson ready for Tranmere test
Inspirational midfielder has a chance of winning his fitness battle
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes that skipper Stephen Dawson will be back for Saturday’s match against Tranmere Rovers.
Dawson missed the first two matches of the season after suffering an ankle injury during the club’s pre-season friendly with Tottenham.
The midfielder was back in light training on Thursday and Slade said: “I think he has a chance.”
David Mooney (hamstring) and Marc Laird (thigh) were also expected on the training ground and Slade added: “They are getting a little bit closer and are possibilities for the weekend. We have given them every opportunity and we need them back,” said the O’s boss.
You may also want to watch:
However, Orient will be without striker Jonathan Tehoue, who will start a three-game ban for violent conduct following his dismissal at Southend in a Carling Cup clash on Tuesday night and Slade will be keeping his fingers crossed that Dean Cox recovers from a ankle injury.
“He came off as a precaution, as he seemed to jar his ankle in a tackle and he could be a doubt,” explained the Orient chief.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election