Orient skipper Dawson ready for Tranmere test
Inspirational midfielder has a chance of winning his fitness battle
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes that skipper Stephen Dawson will be back for Saturday’s match against Tranmere Rovers.
Dawson missed the first two matches of the season after suffering an ankle injury during the club’s pre-season friendly with Tottenham.
The midfielder was back in light training on Thursday and Slade said: “I think he has a chance.”
David Mooney (hamstring) and Marc Laird (thigh) were also expected on the training ground and Slade added: “They are getting a little bit closer and are possibilities for the weekend. We have given them every opportunity and we need them back,” said the O’s boss.
You may also want to watch:
However, Orient will be without striker Jonathan Tehoue, who will start a three-game ban for violent conduct following his dismissal at Southend in a Carling Cup clash on Tuesday night and Slade will be keeping his fingers crossed that Dean Cox recovers from a ankle injury.
“He came off as a precaution, as he seemed to jar his ankle in a tackle and he could be a doubt,” explained the Orient chief.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 7 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber