Orient skipper Dawson looks set for Barnsley move
But meanwhile Slade hopes to extend Chicksen’s loan
Orient skipper Stephen Dawson looks as if he is on his way to Championship side Barnsley.
O’s manager Russell Slade admitted on Saturday that he was not expecting any movement ahead of tomorrow’s transfer deadline.
However, Dawson’s future remains unclear as Barnsley have had two bids rejected and they appear set to make another move before the window closes.
Dawson is out of contract in the summer and has yet to sign a new deal and if the Championship club improve their offer it seems certain that the Orient skipper will be on his way to Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Slade is hoping to extend the loan of MK Dons defender Adam Chicksen.
His month-long loan spell was up after Saturday’s game against Colchester and the O’s chief admitted: “We will look to see if we can extend it for another month.”
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham