Orient skipper Dawson looks set for Barnsley move
But meanwhile Slade hopes to extend Chicksen’s loan
Orient skipper Stephen Dawson looks as if he is on his way to Championship side Barnsley.
O’s manager Russell Slade admitted on Saturday that he was not expecting any movement ahead of tomorrow’s transfer deadline.
However, Dawson’s future remains unclear as Barnsley have had two bids rejected and they appear set to make another move before the window closes.
Dawson is out of contract in the summer and has yet to sign a new deal and if the Championship club improve their offer it seems certain that the Orient skipper will be on his way to Yorkshire.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Slade is hoping to extend the loan of MK Dons defender Adam Chicksen.
His month-long loan spell was up after Saturday’s game against Colchester and the O’s chief admitted: “We will look to see if we can extend it for another month.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections