Orient sign Palace striker Andrew but there’s more injury woe for Jones
O’s keeper has a hairline fracture of the wrist
Orient keeper Jamie Jones has suffered a setback in his fitness battle and faces at least another three weeks out of action after suffering a hairline fracture of his wrist.
The keeper, who underwent a shoulder operation in the summer, has yet to play a first team game this season, but had just returned to fitness when he suffered the latest injury during training.
“It means he will be out for at least another two or three weeks,” confirmed Orient manager Russell Slade.
So keeper Marek Stech, who has joined on loan from West Ham, will make his home debut on Saturday against Walsall.
You may also want to watch:
Another new face will be Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew, who joined the O’s on loan today (Thursday) for the rest of the season.
“He’s a big strong physical boy and he has been on loan with me before when I was at Brighton and Grimsby,” said Slade.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
The 25-year-old has made six Championship appearances for Palace this season and as he arrives at Brisbane Road striker Jamie Cureton is heading out of the exit door.
Cureton has signed a loan deal with former club Exeter City and will join the Grecians for the rest of the season.
The veteran made 23 appearances for the O’s, but scored just once.