Orient sign Palace striker Andrew but there’s more injury woe for Jones
O’s keeper has a hairline fracture of the wrist
Orient keeper Jamie Jones has suffered a setback in his fitness battle and faces at least another three weeks out of action after suffering a hairline fracture of his wrist.
The keeper, who underwent a shoulder operation in the summer, has yet to play a first team game this season, but had just returned to fitness when he suffered the latest injury during training.
“It means he will be out for at least another two or three weeks,” confirmed Orient manager Russell Slade.
So keeper Marek Stech, who has joined on loan from West Ham, will make his home debut on Saturday against Walsall.
Another new face will be Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew, who joined the O’s on loan today (Thursday) for the rest of the season.
“He’s a big strong physical boy and he has been on loan with me before when I was at Brighton and Grimsby,” said Slade.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
The 25-year-old has made six Championship appearances for Palace this season and as he arrives at Brisbane Road striker Jamie Cureton is heading out of the exit door.
Cureton has signed a loan deal with former club Exeter City and will join the Grecians for the rest of the season.
The veteran made 23 appearances for the O’s, but scored just once.