Orient sign Palace striker Andrew but there’s more injury woe for Jones
O’s keeper has a hairline fracture of the wrist
Orient keeper Jamie Jones has suffered a setback in his fitness battle and faces at least another three weeks out of action after suffering a hairline fracture of his wrist.
The keeper, who underwent a shoulder operation in the summer, has yet to play a first team game this season, but had just returned to fitness when he suffered the latest injury during training.
“It means he will be out for at least another two or three weeks,” confirmed Orient manager Russell Slade.
So keeper Marek Stech, who has joined on loan from West Ham, will make his home debut on Saturday against Walsall.
You may also want to watch:
Another new face will be Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew, who joined the O’s on loan today (Thursday) for the rest of the season.
“He’s a big strong physical boy and he has been on loan with me before when I was at Brighton and Grimsby,” said Slade.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
The 25-year-old has made six Championship appearances for Palace this season and as he arrives at Brisbane Road striker Jamie Cureton is heading out of the exit door.
Cureton has signed a loan deal with former club Exeter City and will join the Grecians for the rest of the season.
The veteran made 23 appearances for the O’s, but scored just once.