Orient sign Palace striker Andrew but there’s more injury woe for Jones
O’s keeper has a hairline fracture of the wrist
Orient keeper Jamie Jones has suffered a setback in his fitness battle and faces at least another three weeks out of action after suffering a hairline fracture of his wrist.
The keeper, who underwent a shoulder operation in the summer, has yet to play a first team game this season, but had just returned to fitness when he suffered the latest injury during training.
“It means he will be out for at least another two or three weeks,” confirmed Orient manager Russell Slade.
So keeper Marek Stech, who has joined on loan from West Ham, will make his home debut on Saturday against Walsall.
You may also want to watch:
Another new face will be Crystal Palace striker Calvin Andrew, who joined the O’s on loan today (Thursday) for the rest of the season.
“He’s a big strong physical boy and he has been on loan with me before when I was at Brighton and Grimsby,” said Slade.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
The 25-year-old has made six Championship appearances for Palace this season and as he arrives at Brisbane Road striker Jamie Cureton is heading out of the exit door.
Cureton has signed a loan deal with former club Exeter City and will join the Grecians for the rest of the season.
The veteran made 23 appearances for the O’s, but scored just once.