Orient set to cash in on FA Cup tie
Club set to pick up cash windfall for televised tie
Orient are set to cash in on their FA Cup run following a first round success against Gloucester City on Wednesday night
The O’s now face a second round trip to Blue Square Bet Premier side Alfreton Town and the tie has been selected for live television coverage on ESPN.
Both clubs will receive a TV fee of �67,925 from the FA and the game will take place at Alfreton’s Impact Arena on Sunday, December 2, with the game kicking off at 3.15pm.
Russell Slade’s side had three ties televised on ESPN during their FA Cup run two years ago – and one of them was also a second round tie at Droylsden that ended in a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Alfreton defeated Wrexham in the first round and it’s only the second time they have reached this stage of the competition in their history.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley