Orient set to cash in on FA Cup tie
Club set to pick up cash windfall for televised tie
Orient are set to cash in on their FA Cup run following a first round success against Gloucester City on Wednesday night
The O’s now face a second round trip to Blue Square Bet Premier side Alfreton Town and the tie has been selected for live television coverage on ESPN.
Both clubs will receive a TV fee of �67,925 from the FA and the game will take place at Alfreton’s Impact Arena on Sunday, December 2, with the game kicking off at 3.15pm.
Russell Slade’s side had three ties televised on ESPN during their FA Cup run two years ago – and one of them was also a second round tie at Droylsden that ended in a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Alfreton defeated Wrexham in the first round and it’s only the second time they have reached this stage of the competition in their history.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 10 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City