Orient release top scorer McGleish
Jarvis and Brown also depart, but Chorley and Butcher sign new deals
ORIENT’S top scorer Scott McGleish was the high profile casualty when boss Russell Slade announced his retained list.
The 37-year-old, who netted 18 goals, his last a penalty at Plymouth on Saturday, was told he would not be offered a new deal.
Three other players will also be leaving the club, striker Ryan Jarvis, defender Aaron Brown and youngster Harry Beautyman.
But defender Ben Chorley and goalkeeper Lee Butcher have both signed new two-year deals keeping them at the club until June 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Jamie Jones, midfielder Jimmy Smith and defender Andrew Whing have new contracts on the table, while Elliot Omozusi and Adam Chambers have been offered one-year deals.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show