Orient release top scorer McGleish
Jarvis and Brown also depart, but Chorley and Butcher sign new deals
ORIENT’S top scorer Scott McGleish was the high profile casualty when boss Russell Slade announced his retained list.
The 37-year-old, who netted 18 goals, his last a penalty at Plymouth on Saturday, was told he would not be offered a new deal.
Three other players will also be leaving the club, striker Ryan Jarvis, defender Aaron Brown and youngster Harry Beautyman.
But defender Ben Chorley and goalkeeper Lee Butcher have both signed new two-year deals keeping them at the club until June 2013.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper Jamie Jones, midfielder Jimmy Smith and defender Andrew Whing have new contracts on the table, while Elliot Omozusi and Adam Chambers have been offered one-year deals.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work