Orient on a revenge mission at Bournemouth
New loan signings look to make their O’s debut
New skipper Matt Spring will be looking for a spot of revenge when Orient travel to Bournemouth tomorrow night (Tuesday).
The O’s slumped 3-1 at home to the Cherries back in September, as Russell Slade’s side made an awful start to the season and failed to pick up a win in their first 10 league games.
“Bournemouth are doing well and are only a point off the play-off places, but we certainly owe them one following that home defeat,” said Spring, who has been given the armband following Stephen Dawson’s departure to Barnsley.
New signings Solomon Taiwo and Ryan Dickson will be keen to make their Orient debuts after the club’s last two matches were postponed because of the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Taiwo, who has joined on loan until the end of the season from Cardiff City, had been troubled by a groin injury since his arrival, but has returned to training and is likely to start at Bournemouth, as is Southampton full-back Dickson, who joined Orient on loan last week.
The O’s will come up against former defender Charlie Daniels, who was transferred to Bournemouth earlier in the season.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
“It will be an interesting evening,” added skipper Spring.