Orient on a revenge mission at Bournemouth
New loan signings look to make their O’s debut
New skipper Matt Spring will be looking for a spot of revenge when Orient travel to Bournemouth tomorrow night (Tuesday).
The O’s slumped 3-1 at home to the Cherries back in September, as Russell Slade’s side made an awful start to the season and failed to pick up a win in their first 10 league games.
“Bournemouth are doing well and are only a point off the play-off places, but we certainly owe them one following that home defeat,” said Spring, who has been given the armband following Stephen Dawson’s departure to Barnsley.
New signings Solomon Taiwo and Ryan Dickson will be keen to make their Orient debuts after the club’s last two matches were postponed because of the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Taiwo, who has joined on loan until the end of the season from Cardiff City, had been troubled by a groin injury since his arrival, but has returned to training and is likely to start at Bournemouth, as is Southampton full-back Dickson, who joined Orient on loan last week.
The O’s will come up against former defender Charlie Daniels, who was transferred to Bournemouth earlier in the season.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
“It will be an interesting evening,” added skipper Spring.