Orient on a revenge mission at Bournemouth
New loan signings look to make their O’s debut
New skipper Matt Spring will be looking for a spot of revenge when Orient travel to Bournemouth tomorrow night (Tuesday).
The O’s slumped 3-1 at home to the Cherries back in September, as Russell Slade’s side made an awful start to the season and failed to pick up a win in their first 10 league games.
“Bournemouth are doing well and are only a point off the play-off places, but we certainly owe them one following that home defeat,” said Spring, who has been given the armband following Stephen Dawson’s departure to Barnsley.
New signings Solomon Taiwo and Ryan Dickson will be keen to make their Orient debuts after the club’s last two matches were postponed because of the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Taiwo, who has joined on loan until the end of the season from Cardiff City, had been troubled by a groin injury since his arrival, but has returned to training and is likely to start at Bournemouth, as is Southampton full-back Dickson, who joined Orient on loan last week.
The O’s will come up against former defender Charlie Daniels, who was transferred to Bournemouth earlier in the season.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 9 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
“It will be an interesting evening,” added skipper Spring.