Orient midfield man is hoping to keep his place
League One: Rochdale v Leyton Orient Saturday 3pm
Midfielder Marc Laird is hoping he will be able to hang on to his place when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He came on as a half-time substitute for Tom Clarke last weekend when Orient drew 1-1 with Sheffield Orient and made a rare start against Yeovil on Tuesday night.
Laird has struggled to command a regular place since his arrival from Millwall in the summer and admitted: “It’s been really frustrating for me, to be honest, I came from Millwall and want to play games.
“All I can do is work hard in training and hopefully get a chance and hopefully get some form, as it’s sometimes difficult when you come into a team and you are not getting a run of games.
You may also want to watch:
“But hopefully I can use this as a stepping stone. The bee-all and end-all is to be playing football and that’s why came here.
“I’ll keep working hard listen to the manager and hopefully it will help me cement a place in the team, because this is a fantastic club.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
Laird will face stiff competition for a starting place, as Jimmy Smith is fit again after a thigh injury, while on-loan Spurs goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has recovered from a groin problem and could start at Spotland.
The problem area for manager Russell Slade is left-back as Charlie Daniels is serving a three-game ban. Mike Cestor deputised at Yeovil, but the O’s boss has other options.