Orient midfield man is hoping to keep his place
League One: Rochdale v Leyton Orient Saturday 3pm
Midfielder Marc Laird is hoping he will be able to hang on to his place when Orient travel to Rochdale on Saturday.
He came on as a half-time substitute for Tom Clarke last weekend when Orient drew 1-1 with Sheffield Orient and made a rare start against Yeovil on Tuesday night.
Laird has struggled to command a regular place since his arrival from Millwall in the summer and admitted: “It’s been really frustrating for me, to be honest, I came from Millwall and want to play games.
“All I can do is work hard in training and hopefully get a chance and hopefully get some form, as it’s sometimes difficult when you come into a team and you are not getting a run of games.
You may also want to watch:
“But hopefully I can use this as a stepping stone. The bee-all and end-all is to be playing football and that’s why came here.
“I’ll keep working hard listen to the manager and hopefully it will help me cement a place in the team, because this is a fantastic club.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 5 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
Laird will face stiff competition for a starting place, as Jimmy Smith is fit again after a thigh injury, while on-loan Spurs goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has recovered from a groin problem and could start at Spotland.
The problem area for manager Russell Slade is left-back as Charlie Daniels is serving a three-game ban. Mike Cestor deputised at Yeovil, but the O’s boss has other options.