Orient look to cash in on Cup clash
Boss Slade is relishing a good run
ORIENT will be looking to cash in on tonight’s FA Cup first round replay with neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge.
The winners will not only pick up �18,000 in prize money, but also feature in a televised second round clash at non-league Droylsden and earn a cash windfall of �72,000.
The first game at Victoria Road ended in a 1-1 draw, but O’s will be without skipper Stephen Dawson, who was injured at Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as well as his replacement Andrew Whing, because Brighton do not want him cup-tied.
Dean Cox, Charlie Daniels and Ben Chorley face latest fitness checks, but Orient boss Russell Slade will be able to use on loan Tottenham winger Paul-Jose Mpoku.
Fit-again striker Scott McGleish, who has been a substitute in the last two games, also looks set to start.
Despite the injury worries, Slade is relishing the game and said: “We feel that we are improving all the time and the replay gives us another opportunity to keep it going.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
“It’s a great incentive for both clubs, because there are financial rewards to be won, as well as the prospect of meeting quality opposition if you can reach the third round.”
Probable Orient team: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Cox, Spring, Smith, Mpoku, Revell, McGleish.