Orient look to cash in on Cup clash
Boss Slade is relishing a good run
ORIENT will be looking to cash in on tonight’s FA Cup first round replay with neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge.
The winners will not only pick up �18,000 in prize money, but also feature in a televised second round clash at non-league Droylsden and earn a cash windfall of �72,000.
The first game at Victoria Road ended in a 1-1 draw, but O’s will be without skipper Stephen Dawson, who was injured at Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as well as his replacement Andrew Whing, because Brighton do not want him cup-tied.
Dean Cox, Charlie Daniels and Ben Chorley face latest fitness checks, but Orient boss Russell Slade will be able to use on loan Tottenham winger Paul-Jose Mpoku.
You may also want to watch:
Fit-again striker Scott McGleish, who has been a substitute in the last two games, also looks set to start.
Despite the injury worries, Slade is relishing the game and said: “We feel that we are improving all the time and the replay gives us another opportunity to keep it going.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
“It’s a great incentive for both clubs, because there are financial rewards to be won, as well as the prospect of meeting quality opposition if you can reach the third round.”
Probable Orient team: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Cox, Spring, Smith, Mpoku, Revell, McGleish.