Orient look to cash in on Cup clash
Boss Slade is relishing a good run
ORIENT will be looking to cash in on tonight’s FA Cup first round replay with neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge.
The winners will not only pick up �18,000 in prize money, but also feature in a televised second round clash at non-league Droylsden and earn a cash windfall of �72,000.
The first game at Victoria Road ended in a 1-1 draw, but O’s will be without skipper Stephen Dawson, who was injured at Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as well as his replacement Andrew Whing, because Brighton do not want him cup-tied.
Dean Cox, Charlie Daniels and Ben Chorley face latest fitness checks, but Orient boss Russell Slade will be able to use on loan Tottenham winger Paul-Jose Mpoku.
Fit-again striker Scott McGleish, who has been a substitute in the last two games, also looks set to start.
Despite the injury worries, Slade is relishing the game and said: “We feel that we are improving all the time and the replay gives us another opportunity to keep it going.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
“It’s a great incentive for both clubs, because there are financial rewards to be won, as well as the prospect of meeting quality opposition if you can reach the third round.”
Probable Orient team: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Cox, Spring, Smith, Mpoku, Revell, McGleish.