Orient look to cash in on Cup clash
Boss Slade is relishing a good run
ORIENT will be looking to cash in on tonight’s FA Cup first round replay with neighbours Dagenham & Redbridge.
The winners will not only pick up �18,000 in prize money, but also feature in a televised second round clash at non-league Droylsden and earn a cash windfall of �72,000.
The first game at Victoria Road ended in a 1-1 draw, but O’s will be without skipper Stephen Dawson, who was injured at Bristol Rovers on Saturday, as well as his replacement Andrew Whing, because Brighton do not want him cup-tied.
Dean Cox, Charlie Daniels and Ben Chorley face latest fitness checks, but Orient boss Russell Slade will be able to use on loan Tottenham winger Paul-Jose Mpoku.
You may also want to watch:
Fit-again striker Scott McGleish, who has been a substitute in the last two games, also looks set to start.
Despite the injury worries, Slade is relishing the game and said: “We feel that we are improving all the time and the replay gives us another opportunity to keep it going.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
“It’s a great incentive for both clubs, because there are financial rewards to be won, as well as the prospect of meeting quality opposition if you can reach the third round.”
Probable Orient team: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Cox, Spring, Smith, Mpoku, Revell, McGleish.