Orient keen to make another signing but Campbell deal looks unlikely
Slade is keen to bring in another defender
ORIENT boss Russell Slade is looking to sign another player before the transfer window closes - but it won’t be
Newcastle Benfield striker John Campbell.
The 22-year-old forward, who plays for the STL Northern League Division One side, had been linked with a move to several Football League sides including Orient.
Slade hopes to sign a defender and said: “I’m looking to wheel and deal and bring another player in if I can,”
But he admitted Campbell would not be joining - but did not rule out a move for the striker later in the year.
With Paul-Jose M’Poku and Harry Kane with the club until the end of the season and Andrew Whing joining from Brighton, some of the fringe players may have to move out before anyone else comes in.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Moyes angered by late West Ham defeat at Old Trafford
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack