Orient keen to make another signing but Campbell deal looks unlikely
Slade is keen to bring in another defender
ORIENT boss Russell Slade is looking to sign another player before the transfer window closes - but it won’t be
Newcastle Benfield striker John Campbell.
The 22-year-old forward, who plays for the STL Northern League Division One side, had been linked with a move to several Football League sides including Orient.
Slade hopes to sign a defender and said: “I’m looking to wheel and deal and bring another player in if I can,”
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted Campbell would not be joining - but did not rule out a move for the striker later in the year.
With Paul-Jose M’Poku and Harry Kane with the club until the end of the season and Andrew Whing joining from Brighton, some of the fringe players may have to move out before anyone else comes in.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation