Orient keen to make another signing but Campbell deal looks unlikely
Slade is keen to bring in another defender
ORIENT boss Russell Slade is looking to sign another player before the transfer window closes - but it won’t be
Newcastle Benfield striker John Campbell.
The 22-year-old forward, who plays for the STL Northern League Division One side, had been linked with a move to several Football League sides including Orient.
Slade hopes to sign a defender and said: “I’m looking to wheel and deal and bring another player in if I can,”
You may also want to watch:
But he admitted Campbell would not be joining - but did not rule out a move for the striker later in the year.
With Paul-Jose M’Poku and Harry Kane with the club until the end of the season and Andrew Whing joining from Brighton, some of the fringe players may have to move out before anyone else comes in.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford