Orient: It’s no go for Crowe
Former Leeds man won’t be staying at Orient
While Orient wait on decisions from out-of-contract duo Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers, one man who won’t be signing is defender Jason Crowe.
The former Leeds United player joined O’s in January after his contract was cancelled at Elland Road.
The 32-year-old Sidcup-born right back made 12 appearances for the O’s and following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown, it looked as if Crowe might be offered a permanent contract at Brisbane Road.
Although there was dialogue between the defender and manager Russell Slade, it seems that no deal was forthcoming.
The O’s boss is due back from holiday tomorrow (Wednesday), but club chief executive Matthew Porter confirmed today: “Nothing’s happening with regard to Jason Crowe.”
Meanwhile, the club have had to cancel their pre-season friendly against League newboys Crawley, as they have been forced to play a Carling Cup Preliminary Round tie against AFC Wimbledon.
- 1 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 2 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 3 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 4 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 8 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 9 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 10 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
No alternative fixture has yet been arranged and it also seems likely that Orient will not have their usual high-profile home friendly before the season starts.