Orient: It’s no go for Crowe
Former Leeds man won’t be staying at Orient
While Orient wait on decisions from out-of-contract duo Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers, one man who won’t be signing is defender Jason Crowe.
The former Leeds United player joined O’s in January after his contract was cancelled at Elland Road.
The 32-year-old Sidcup-born right back made 12 appearances for the O’s and following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown, it looked as if Crowe might be offered a permanent contract at Brisbane Road.
Although there was dialogue between the defender and manager Russell Slade, it seems that no deal was forthcoming.
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss is due back from holiday tomorrow (Wednesday), but club chief executive Matthew Porter confirmed today: “Nothing’s happening with regard to Jason Crowe.”
Meanwhile, the club have had to cancel their pre-season friendly against League newboys Crawley, as they have been forced to play a Carling Cup Preliminary Round tie against AFC Wimbledon.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
No alternative fixture has yet been arranged and it also seems likely that Orient will not have their usual high-profile home friendly before the season starts.