Orient: It’s no go for Crowe
Former Leeds man won’t be staying at Orient
While Orient wait on decisions from out-of-contract duo Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers, one man who won’t be signing is defender Jason Crowe.
The former Leeds United player joined O’s in January after his contract was cancelled at Elland Road.
The 32-year-old Sidcup-born right back made 12 appearances for the O’s and following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown, it looked as if Crowe might be offered a permanent contract at Brisbane Road.
Although there was dialogue between the defender and manager Russell Slade, it seems that no deal was forthcoming.
The O’s boss is due back from holiday tomorrow (Wednesday), but club chief executive Matthew Porter confirmed today: “Nothing’s happening with regard to Jason Crowe.”
Meanwhile, the club have had to cancel their pre-season friendly against League newboys Crawley, as they have been forced to play a Carling Cup Preliminary Round tie against AFC Wimbledon.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
No alternative fixture has yet been arranged and it also seems likely that Orient will not have their usual high-profile home friendly before the season starts.