Orient: It’s no go for Crowe
Former Leeds man won’t be staying at Orient
While Orient wait on decisions from out-of-contract duo Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers, one man who won’t be signing is defender Jason Crowe.
The former Leeds United player joined O’s in January after his contract was cancelled at Elland Road.
The 32-year-old Sidcup-born right back made 12 appearances for the O’s and following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown, it looked as if Crowe might be offered a permanent contract at Brisbane Road.
Although there was dialogue between the defender and manager Russell Slade, it seems that no deal was forthcoming.
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss is due back from holiday tomorrow (Wednesday), but club chief executive Matthew Porter confirmed today: “Nothing’s happening with regard to Jason Crowe.”
Meanwhile, the club have had to cancel their pre-season friendly against League newboys Crawley, as they have been forced to play a Carling Cup Preliminary Round tie against AFC Wimbledon.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
No alternative fixture has yet been arranged and it also seems likely that Orient will not have their usual high-profile home friendly before the season starts.