Orient host Sky Blues again in Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient will host Coventry City in the second round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.
The O’s secured their place in the draw with a 3-1 win at fellow League One side Gillingham on Tuesday, thanks to Shaun Batt’s first professional hat-trick.
Russell Slade’s side have already faced the Sky Blues this year, winning a Capital One Cup first round tie at Brisbane Road 3-2 earlier in the season.
On that occasion Kevin Lisbie struck a minute from time to give the O’s victory.
Carl Baker opened the scoring for the visitors, before Lisbie levelled and winger Dean Cox put Orient back in front. Franck Moussa looked like he had forced extra time but Lisbie struck late on to ensure their passage into the next round, where O’s went out to Hull City in extra time.
You may also want to watch:
The tie will be played week beginning October 7
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim