Orient host Sky Blues again in Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient will host Coventry City in the second round of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.
The O’s secured their place in the draw with a 3-1 win at fellow League One side Gillingham on Tuesday, thanks to Shaun Batt’s first professional hat-trick.
Russell Slade’s side have already faced the Sky Blues this year, winning a Capital One Cup first round tie at Brisbane Road 3-2 earlier in the season.
On that occasion Kevin Lisbie struck a minute from time to give the O’s victory.
Carl Baker opened the scoring for the visitors, before Lisbie levelled and winger Dean Cox put Orient back in front. Franck Moussa looked like he had forced extra time but Lisbie struck late on to ensure their passage into the next round, where O’s went out to Hull City in extra time.
You may also want to watch:
The tie will be played week beginning October 7
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham