Orient heading for a tribunal over Porter’s move to Burnley
Two clubs unable to agree a figure
It looks as if Orient will have to go to a tribunal to sort out a compensation deal for 20-year-old winger George Porter.
The youngster rejected Orient’s offer of a new two-year deal at the end of the season and has since joined Championship side Burnley.
Orient are due compensation as Porter is under 24, but the two clubs have not been able to reach a mutual agreement.
The O’s have rejected Burnley’s offer and are waiting for them to come back with an improved figure.
You may also want to watch:
If there is no increase, the matter will need to be settled by a tribunal.
Orient boss Russell Slade admitted this week: “It’s looking likely that it will go to a tribunal.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel