Orient heading for a tribunal over Porter’s move to Burnley
Two clubs unable to agree a figure
It looks as if Orient will have to go to a tribunal to sort out a compensation deal for 20-year-old winger George Porter.
The youngster rejected Orient’s offer of a new two-year deal at the end of the season and has since joined Championship side Burnley.
Orient are due compensation as Porter is under 24, but the two clubs have not been able to reach a mutual agreement.
The O’s have rejected Burnley’s offer and are waiting for them to come back with an improved figure.
You may also want to watch:
If there is no increase, the matter will need to be settled by a tribunal.
Orient boss Russell Slade admitted this week: “It’s looking likely that it will go to a tribunal.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work