Orient fans are on the march
Supporters to walk to Charlton for charity
Around 100 Orient fans will walk from Brisbane Road to Chalton Athletic on Saturday in aid of charity.
The fans will leave The Matchroom Stadium at 10am and walk to The Valley to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Research and St Marks Hospital.
One of the organisers Joe Durston explained: “We are also walking in memory of Dale Jacobs, a Leyton Orient fan, who died of cancer aged just 26 in January 2008.
“It’s the second year we have completed a walk, as last year we walked to Millwall.”
You may also want to watch:
The fans have also held charity matches, auctions and social events and in three years they have raised over �20,000 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The walk is just over eight miles. Anyone wishing to take part can email firstname.lastname@example.org and leave their contact details.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research