Orient fans are on the march
Supporters to walk to Charlton for charity
Around 100 Orient fans will walk from Brisbane Road to Chalton Athletic on Saturday in aid of charity.
The fans will leave The Matchroom Stadium at 10am and walk to The Valley to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Research and St Marks Hospital.
One of the organisers Joe Durston explained: “We are also walking in memory of Dale Jacobs, a Leyton Orient fan, who died of cancer aged just 26 in January 2008.
“It’s the second year we have completed a walk, as last year we walked to Millwall.”
You may also want to watch:
The fans have also held charity matches, auctions and social events and in three years they have raised over �20,000 for Macmillan Cancer Research.
The walk is just over eight miles. Anyone wishing to take part can email email@example.com and leave their contact details.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total