Orient defender Cuthbert faces spell on the sidelines
Boss Slade admits he will be out for weeks
Orient defender Scott Cuthbert is set for a spell on the sidelines after suffering a recurrence of a hamstring injury.
Cuthbert, who missed the end of last season with a hamstring problem, limped out of the action in the opening game against Tranmere and Orient boss Russell Slade admitted things are not looking good: “He is going to be out for a good few weeks,” he admitted.
The O’s have yet to pick up a point and following Tuesday night’s 1-0 defeat against Stevenage Slade said: “Nobody wanted to get off to a better start than me.
“We worked so hard over the close season to try and get the pre-season right and it leaves a sick feeling inside to be honest that we did not get something from Tuesday’s game.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think we deserved anything from the Tranmere match on Saturday, but against Stevenage we deserved to come away with something.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k