Orient cup draw ‘not kind’
- Credit: Archant
Slade bemoans midweek trip to Plymouth
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade admitted the Capital One Cup first round draw had not been too kind to his side this week.
O’s were handed a long trip to League Two outfit Plymouth in the second week of August and will be hoping to avoid a difficult away fixture on the opening day of the League One season a few days earlier.
Slade said: “It’s obviously not been the kindest of draws for us to have to travel that far in midweek but it’s one we will make sure we prepare properly for.
“It will be a tough game, they were much improved last season after a couple of years at the wrong end of the table so we will have to make sure we do our homework and hopefully we can progress to the next round.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient this week announced a home friendly with Ipswich on Saturday August 2.
They begin their pre-season preparations with a trip to Dartford on July 18, then head north to Gateshead on July 23 and Northampton on July 26 before playing host to Premier League new boys QPR on Tuesday July 29.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
Tickets for both home matches went on sale yesterday, via the online box office, in person from the ticket office (Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4pm) or over the phone on 0871 310 1881.
West/South Stand tickets will cost £15 adults and £5 concessions, while gallery tickets are £25 and £15.
A special joint ticket is available for both matches at £25/£8 in the West/South stand and £40/£25 in the gallery.