Orient could have three back for Sheffield Wednesday clash
Saints defender Dickson is close to a return
On-loan defender Ryan Dickson could return for Orient when they entertain Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
The Southampton defender has missed the last six games with a thigh injury picked up in the home game against Scunthorpe United.
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes that defender Dean Leacock, who has missed the last three matches, and winger George Porter could also be back in contention.
But goalkeeper Jamie Jones, who has yet to play this season, will still be missing.
You may also want to watch:
“Jamie is still a couple of weeks away,” explained Slade. “He is doing some light work, but he has been out for 13 months and we can’t rush him back.”
O’s have won just once in their last seven games, but Slade insists that Saturday’s game against Wednesday will be a good test for his side.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
“I don’t see that as daunting. It’s a good game for us, because there is no hiding place in these sort of matches,” he said.
“Sometimes players step up to the plate and they need to do that. It will be a real test for us.”