Orient could have three back for Sheffield Wednesday clash
Saints defender Dickson is close to a return
On-loan defender Ryan Dickson could return for Orient when they entertain Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
The Southampton defender has missed the last six games with a thigh injury picked up in the home game against Scunthorpe United.
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes that defender Dean Leacock, who has missed the last three matches, and winger George Porter could also be back in contention.
But goalkeeper Jamie Jones, who has yet to play this season, will still be missing.
“Jamie is still a couple of weeks away,” explained Slade. “He is doing some light work, but he has been out for 13 months and we can’t rush him back.”
O’s have won just once in their last seven games, but Slade insists that Saturday’s game against Wednesday will be a good test for his side.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 5 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 6 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 7 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 10 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
“I don’t see that as daunting. It’s a good game for us, because there is no hiding place in these sort of matches,” he said.
“Sometimes players step up to the plate and they need to do that. It will be a real test for us.”