Orient could have three back for Sheffield Wednesday clash
Saints defender Dickson is close to a return
On-loan defender Ryan Dickson could return for Orient when they entertain Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
The Southampton defender has missed the last six games with a thigh injury picked up in the home game against Scunthorpe United.
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes that defender Dean Leacock, who has missed the last three matches, and winger George Porter could also be back in contention.
But goalkeeper Jamie Jones, who has yet to play this season, will still be missing.
You may also want to watch:
“Jamie is still a couple of weeks away,” explained Slade. “He is doing some light work, but he has been out for 13 months and we can’t rush him back.”
O’s have won just once in their last seven games, but Slade insists that Saturday’s game against Wednesday will be a good test for his side.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
“I don’t see that as daunting. It’s a good game for us, because there is no hiding place in these sort of matches,” he said.
“Sometimes players step up to the plate and they need to do that. It will be a real test for us.”