Orient capture Southampton defender Dickson
Former Brentford man joins for the rest of the season
Orient manager Russell Slade has signed Southampton defender Ryan Dickson on loan until the end of the season.
The 25-year-old former Brentford player will fill the hole left when the O’s sold Charlie Daniels to Bournemouth.
Dickson had spent the last month on loan at Yeovil Town scoring once in five appearances, but has now joined the O’s on an emergency loan, taking him through until the end of the season.
Dickson will be the third left-back that manager Slade has signed on loan this season following Daniels’ departure. But Millwall’s Tony Craig and MK Dons defender Adam Chicksen both returned to their parent clubs following their initial one-month loan spells.
You may also want to watch:
Dickson joined the Saints in the summer of 2010 following a six-figure move from Brentford and helped them gain promotion to the Championship last season.
The defender has made 23 appearances for the Saints, scoring one goal and is likely to be in the squad for Orient’s home game against Huddersfield Town on Saturday, if the game beats the weather.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation