Orient capture Southampton defender Dickson
Former Brentford man joins for the rest of the season
Orient manager Russell Slade has signed Southampton defender Ryan Dickson on loan until the end of the season.
The 25-year-old former Brentford player will fill the hole left when the O’s sold Charlie Daniels to Bournemouth.
Dickson had spent the last month on loan at Yeovil Town scoring once in five appearances, but has now joined the O’s on an emergency loan, taking him through until the end of the season.
Dickson will be the third left-back that manager Slade has signed on loan this season following Daniels’ departure. But Millwall’s Tony Craig and MK Dons defender Adam Chicksen both returned to their parent clubs following their initial one-month loan spells.
You may also want to watch:
Dickson joined the Saints in the summer of 2010 following a six-figure move from Brentford and helped them gain promotion to the Championship last season.
The defender has made 23 appearances for the Saints, scoring one goal and is likely to be in the squad for Orient’s home game against Huddersfield Town on Saturday, if the game beats the weather.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder