Orient boss to step up search for a loan keeper after Jones faces a long lay-off
Shoulder operation will keep Jones out until the New Year
Orient manager Russell Slade will step up his search to sign a goalkeeper on loan - as Jamie Jones will be out of action until the New Year.
The 22-year-old, who has not featured this season due to a shoulder injury, will need an operation to cure the problem.
Slade had hoped that rest would be enough to sort the shoulder out. But Jones, who was due to return to training last Thursday, will need to undergo surgery after suffering a labral tear in his right shoulder.
The O’s boss said: “Jamie will be out until probably the New Year and it’s too long to go without any cover. It’s disappointing to lose Jamie for an extended period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to get his shoulder right before resorting to surgery, but it’s clear an operation is needed.
“Hopefully it will solve the problem once and for all and Jamie can return stronger in the New Year.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen