Orient boss to step up search for a loan keeper after Jones faces a long lay-off
Shoulder operation will keep Jones out until the New Year
Orient manager Russell Slade will step up his search to sign a goalkeeper on loan - as Jamie Jones will be out of action until the New Year.
The 22-year-old, who has not featured this season due to a shoulder injury, will need an operation to cure the problem.
Slade had hoped that rest would be enough to sort the shoulder out. But Jones, who was due to return to training last Thursday, will need to undergo surgery after suffering a labral tear in his right shoulder.
The O’s boss said: “Jamie will be out until probably the New Year and it’s too long to go without any cover. It’s disappointing to lose Jamie for an extended period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve tried to get his shoulder right before resorting to surgery, but it’s clear an operation is needed.
“Hopefully it will solve the problem once and for all and Jamie can return stronger in the New Year.”
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 4 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case