Orient boss Slade wary of Coventry challenge after Carlisle victory
- Credit: Archant
Slade delighted with opening day League One win at Carlisle United.
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade knows troubled Coventry City cannot be taken lightly despite their off the field problems in the Capital One Cup tomorrow night.
The Sky Blues’ holding company entered administration on Friday and subsequently docked 10 points before their League One season had even got underway.
But Slade believes the situation the former Premier League side are in may well work in their favour.
“They have had a lot of problems but it doesn’t mean that they haven’t got a very capable side, which we saw at the end of last season when we won 1-0 at their place,” he said. “I am sure it will be a difficult tie for us.”
Tomorrow’s encounter comes fresh on the heels of Saturday’s impressive 5-1 win at Carlisle United which puts them top of the League One table at this early stage of the season.
But first and foremost the Brisbane Road boss was just pleased to get the three points.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“You take any kind of win to be honest,” he added.
“To be nice and strong and ruthless in front of goal in the second period in particular was pleasing because against 10 men more often than not you can take your foot off the accelerator and just try and dig the win out.
“But we kept going forward and kept creating chances and to get that scoreline is great.”