Orient boss Slade wary of Coventry challenge after Carlisle victory
- Credit: Archant
Slade delighted with opening day League One win at Carlisle United.
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade knows troubled Coventry City cannot be taken lightly despite their off the field problems in the Capital One Cup tomorrow night.
The Sky Blues’ holding company entered administration on Friday and subsequently docked 10 points before their League One season had even got underway.
But Slade believes the situation the former Premier League side are in may well work in their favour.
“They have had a lot of problems but it doesn’t mean that they haven’t got a very capable side, which we saw at the end of last season when we won 1-0 at their place,” he said. “I am sure it will be a difficult tie for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow’s encounter comes fresh on the heels of Saturday’s impressive 5-1 win at Carlisle United which puts them top of the League One table at this early stage of the season.
But first and foremost the Brisbane Road boss was just pleased to get the three points.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League
“You take any kind of win to be honest,” he added.
“To be nice and strong and ruthless in front of goal in the second period in particular was pleasing because against 10 men more often than not you can take your foot off the accelerator and just try and dig the win out.
“But we kept going forward and kept creating chances and to get that scoreline is great.”