Orient boss Slade targets new signings
O’s manager wants to go one step further next season
Orient might have missed out on the play-offs following last weekend’s defeat by Tranmere Rovers – but boss Russell Slade is keen to push on next season.
“We need to be mentally tougher next season and be stronger and go one step further,” he said.
Now out of the promotion race, Slade plans to sit down with chairman Barry Hearn during the next few days and build for the future.
Slade has one year left on his current contract and after this season’s success Hearn will be keen to keep the mercurial manager.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be sitting down with the chairman in a week or two and looking at the situation,” said Slade.
“We will be looking at a list of players we want to retain and a list of players we want to bring in. It will be a busy couple of weeks.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation