Orient boss Slade targets new signings
O’s manager wants to go one step further next season
Orient might have missed out on the play-offs following last weekend’s defeat by Tranmere Rovers – but boss Russell Slade is keen to push on next season.
“We need to be mentally tougher next season and be stronger and go one step further,” he said.
Now out of the promotion race, Slade plans to sit down with chairman Barry Hearn during the next few days and build for the future.
Slade has one year left on his current contract and after this season’s success Hearn will be keen to keep the mercurial manager.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be sitting down with the chairman in a week or two and looking at the situation,” said Slade.
“We will be looking at a list of players we want to retain and a list of players we want to bring in. It will be a busy couple of weeks.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines