Orient boss Slade still waiting
Talks with trio are still on-going
Orient manager Russell Slade is still waiting to hear whether skipper Stephen Dawson along with wing duo Dean Cox and George Porter will sign new contracts.
The trio are out of contract in the summer and have been offered new deals, but the Orient boss revealed: “It’s still on-going at the moment.
“We don’t want to lose our best players and we want them to stay, but sometimes it’s a fact of life at this level and you have to look at all options,”
The O’s have already rejected a bid for Dawson from Barnsley.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Slade is confident of adding to his squad before the weekend and plans to bring a midfield player in on loan until the end of the season.
“Hopefully I will have a player in before Saturday,” said Slade, with Cardiff City’s Solomon Taiwo the likely arrival.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen