Orient boss Slade on Omozusi jail verdict
Slade: ‘It’s upsetting all round’
Orient manager Russell Slade spoke of his disappointment after defender Elliot Omozusi was jailed for two-and-a-half years last Friday.
The 22-year-old, who joined the club from Fulham, was found guilty at Snaresbrook crown court of witness revenge.
Omozusi played 50 league games for the O's, the last coming in a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United in October.
The O's boss said: "I'm really disappointed to be honest.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not good news for the football club or the boy. That's all I really want to say on it at the minute.
"He was a key player for us last season, it's upsetting all round.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
"In terms of the rest of the players, the group are disappointed and upset with it as well, because he was one of us and I like to think that we breed ourselves on team spirit and togetherness and all those qualities that go into making a football club successful.
"But we have lost him now and we are going to have to move on."
The club are expected to make a statement tomorrow (Wednesday).