Orient boss Slade on Omozusi jail verdict
Slade: ‘It’s upsetting all round’
Orient manager Russell Slade spoke of his disappointment after defender Elliot Omozusi was jailed for two-and-a-half years last Friday.
The 22-year-old, who joined the club from Fulham, was found guilty at Snaresbrook crown court of witness revenge.
Omozusi played 50 league games for the O's, the last coming in a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United in October.
The O's boss said: "I'm really disappointed to be honest.
"It's not good news for the football club or the boy. That's all I really want to say on it at the minute.
"He was a key player for us last season, it's upsetting all round.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 5 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
"In terms of the rest of the players, the group are disappointed and upset with it as well, because he was one of us and I like to think that we breed ourselves on team spirit and togetherness and all those qualities that go into making a football club successful.
"But we have lost him now and we are going to have to move on."
The club are expected to make a statement tomorrow (Wednesday).