Orient boss Slade on Omozusi jail verdict
Slade: ‘It’s upsetting all round’
Orient manager Russell Slade spoke of his disappointment after defender Elliot Omozusi was jailed for two-and-a-half years last Friday.
The 22-year-old, who joined the club from Fulham, was found guilty at Snaresbrook crown court of witness revenge.
Omozusi played 50 league games for the O's, the last coming in a 1-1 draw against Sheffield United in October.
The O's boss said: "I'm really disappointed to be honest.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not good news for the football club or the boy. That's all I really want to say on it at the minute.
"He was a key player for us last season, it's upsetting all round.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
"In terms of the rest of the players, the group are disappointed and upset with it as well, because he was one of us and I like to think that we breed ourselves on team spirit and togetherness and all those qualities that go into making a football club successful.
"But we have lost him now and we are going to have to move on."
The club are expected to make a statement tomorrow (Wednesday).