Orient boss Slade hopes to sign two before Saturday
More injury worries as Dawson, Omozusi and Tehoue are substituted in Trophy defeat
Orient boss Russell Slade hopes to bring in two loan signings before Saturday’s trip to Colchester United.
Skipper Stephen Dawson, defender Elliot Omozusi and striker Jonathan Tehoue all picked up injuries in Wednesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge and had to be substituted,
“The loan window can’t come early enough and we are hopeful of doing some business in the next couple of days,” said Slade, who also needs a replacement for striker Alex Revell, who was sold to Rotherham on transfer deadline day last week.
“One is very much done and it’s just a matter of course and we’re close to signing a second one too,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully there will be two new faces for Saturday.
“It’s important that the loan window is opening because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to put out 11 players, let alone 16.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Man fighting for life after being 'attacked and hit by car' in Canning Town
Dont’ forget you can follow the action at Colchester on Saturday with our interactive coverage on http://www.london24.com/sport/other/football-league-coverage