Orient boss Slade hopes to sign two before Saturday
More injury worries as Dawson, Omozusi and Tehoue are substituted in Trophy defeat
Orient boss Russell Slade hopes to bring in two loan signings before Saturday’s trip to Colchester United.
Skipper Stephen Dawson, defender Elliot Omozusi and striker Jonathan Tehoue all picked up injuries in Wednesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge and had to be substituted,
“The loan window can’t come early enough and we are hopeful of doing some business in the next couple of days,” said Slade, who also needs a replacement for striker Alex Revell, who was sold to Rotherham on transfer deadline day last week.
“One is very much done and it’s just a matter of course and we’re close to signing a second one too,” he said.
“Hopefully there will be two new faces for Saturday.
“It’s important that the loan window is opening because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to put out 11 players, let alone 16.”
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 Kelman's first goal lifts Leyton Orient to third straight win
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 6 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
Dont’ forget you can follow the action at Colchester on Saturday with our interactive coverage on http://www.london24.com/sport/other/football-league-coverage