Orient boss Slade hopes to sign two before Saturday
More injury worries as Dawson, Omozusi and Tehoue are substituted in Trophy defeat
Orient boss Russell Slade hopes to bring in two loan signings before Saturday’s trip to Colchester United.
Skipper Stephen Dawson, defender Elliot Omozusi and striker Jonathan Tehoue all picked up injuries in Wednesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge and had to be substituted,
“The loan window can’t come early enough and we are hopeful of doing some business in the next couple of days,” said Slade, who also needs a replacement for striker Alex Revell, who was sold to Rotherham on transfer deadline day last week.
“One is very much done and it’s just a matter of course and we’re close to signing a second one too,” he said.
“Hopefully there will be two new faces for Saturday.
“It’s important that the loan window is opening because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to put out 11 players, let alone 16.”
- 1 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 2 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 3 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 4 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 5 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 8 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 9 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
Dont’ forget you can follow the action at Colchester on Saturday with our interactive coverage on http://www.london24.com/sport/other/football-league-coverage