Orient boss Slade hopes to sign two before Saturday
More injury worries as Dawson, Omozusi and Tehoue are substituted in Trophy defeat
Orient boss Russell Slade hopes to bring in two loan signings before Saturday’s trip to Colchester United.
Skipper Stephen Dawson, defender Elliot Omozusi and striker Jonathan Tehoue all picked up injuries in Wednesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat against Dagenham & Redbridge and had to be substituted,
“The loan window can’t come early enough and we are hopeful of doing some business in the next couple of days,” said Slade, who also needs a replacement for striker Alex Revell, who was sold to Rotherham on transfer deadline day last week.
“One is very much done and it’s just a matter of course and we’re close to signing a second one too,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully there will be two new faces for Saturday.
“It’s important that the loan window is opening because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to put out 11 players, let alone 16.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
Dont’ forget you can follow the action at Colchester on Saturday with our interactive coverage on http://www.london24.com/sport/other/football-league-coverage