Orient boss Slade faces a goalkeeping dilemma
“We have got two first-team goalkeepers now”
Orient keeper Jamie Jones continued his comeback from a summer shoulder operation in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Tottenham this week as he looks to force his way back into first-team contention.
Jones was named on the bench at Preston last weekend, but Lee Butcher kept a clean sheet and manager Russell Slade is pleased with the selection dilemma he faces ahead of Saturday’s game against Colchester.
“Jamie has only played two games in nine months following a major operation,” said the Orient boss.
“He’s doing well and will get sharper with each game he plays, but what really pleases me is that with Lee Butcher doing well we have got two first-team goalkeepers now.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade also has some tough defensive choices to make for Saturday’s game as on-loan defender Adam Chicksen is fit again after missing last weekend’s match at Preston.
“Adam trained on Tuesday and Ben Chorley is also in contention after finishing his suspension,” said Slade.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
There is also good news on skipper Stephen Dawson who is making good progress after suffering an ankle injury at Carlisle.
“He is still a couple of weeks away, but is making good progress. He’s ahead of schedule and is back running already,” said the Orient boss.