Orient boss Slade expects a cup cracker at Charlton
Jones out as O’s launch their Capital One Cup campaign
Orient launch their season in the Capital One Cup at Charlton on Tuesday night and manager Russell Slade admits it feels a little strange.
“It’s difficult to come to terms with the fact that we will be starting our games with a League Cup match,” said Slade.
“It’s going to be a tough game at Charlton, for sure.
“It will be their first home game after winning promotion to the Championship, so I’m sure it will be a good game. “I’m certain there will be a cracking atmosphere, especially with it being a local derby.”
Orient are set to hand debuts to six of their summer signings, including new skipper Nathan Clarke who joined after being released by Huddersfield Town.
While Ryan Allsop, signed on a short-term contract following his release from Millwall, is also likely to start, as first-choice keeper Jamie Jones is troubled with a shoulder problem.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 5 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
New signings Gary Sawyer, Mathieu Baudry, Anthony Griffith and Lloyd James could also start.