Orient boss Slade expects a cup cracker at Charlton
Jones out as O’s launch their Capital One Cup campaign
Orient launch their season in the Capital One Cup at Charlton on Tuesday night and manager Russell Slade admits it feels a little strange.
“It’s difficult to come to terms with the fact that we will be starting our games with a League Cup match,” said Slade.
“It’s going to be a tough game at Charlton, for sure.
“It will be their first home game after winning promotion to the Championship, so I’m sure it will be a good game. “I’m certain there will be a cracking atmosphere, especially with it being a local derby.”
Orient are set to hand debuts to six of their summer signings, including new skipper Nathan Clarke who joined after being released by Huddersfield Town.
While Ryan Allsop, signed on a short-term contract following his release from Millwall, is also likely to start, as first-choice keeper Jamie Jones is troubled with a shoulder problem.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Late Masuaku strike seals West Ham win over leaders Chelsea
New signings Gary Sawyer, Mathieu Baudry, Anthony Griffith and Lloyd James could also start.