Orient boss Slade expects a cup cracker at Charlton
Jones out as O’s launch their Capital One Cup campaign
Orient launch their season in the Capital One Cup at Charlton on Tuesday night and manager Russell Slade admits it feels a little strange.
“It’s difficult to come to terms with the fact that we will be starting our games with a League Cup match,” said Slade.
“It’s going to be a tough game at Charlton, for sure.
“It will be their first home game after winning promotion to the Championship, so I’m sure it will be a good game. “I’m certain there will be a cracking atmosphere, especially with it being a local derby.”
You may also want to watch:
Orient are set to hand debuts to six of their summer signings, including new skipper Nathan Clarke who joined after being released by Huddersfield Town.
While Ryan Allsop, signed on a short-term contract following his release from Millwall, is also likely to start, as first-choice keeper Jamie Jones is troubled with a shoulder problem.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
New signings Gary Sawyer, Mathieu Baudry, Anthony Griffith and Lloyd James could also start.