Orient boss Slade delighted with Arsenal tie
Home at last after four successive away draws
ORIENT manager Russell Slade is delighted to have been paired with Premier League title chasers Arsenal in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
The O’s booked their place in the last 16 of the competition for the first time since 1982 following a 2-1 win at Championship side Swansea on Saturday.
After four successive away draws Slade was delighted to be at home.
“It’s a reward for all the efforts we have put in during the previous rounds,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be our seventh game in the FA Cup this season and to be drawn at home against Arsenal is fantastic.”
The tie will take place at The Matchroom Stadium on the weekend of February 19,
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
Orient have already knocked out two Championship sides, Swansea and Norwich, as well as Dagenham & Redbridge and non-league Droylsden.