Orient boss Slade delighted with Arsenal tie
Home at last after four successive away draws
ORIENT manager Russell Slade is delighted to have been paired with Premier League title chasers Arsenal in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
The O’s booked their place in the last 16 of the competition for the first time since 1982 following a 2-1 win at Championship side Swansea on Saturday.
After four successive away draws Slade was delighted to be at home.
“It’s a reward for all the efforts we have put in during the previous rounds,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be our seventh game in the FA Cup this season and to be drawn at home against Arsenal is fantastic.”
The tie will take place at The Matchroom Stadium on the weekend of February 19,
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
Orient have already knocked out two Championship sides, Swansea and Norwich, as well as Dagenham & Redbridge and non-league Droylsden.