Orient boss Slade closes in on first signing
Midfield man set to strengthen squad
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes to make his first signing before the end of the week.
The O’s chief has targeted ‘three or four’ key signings and has already talked to several players about a move to Brisbane Road.
Slade met with a player today (Tuesday) and said: “Hopefully we are getting really close now and I’m optimistic that something will happen before the end of the week.”
With Slade releasing top scorer Scott McGleish and Ryan Jarvis a new striker is his priority, but the first arrival is likely to be a midfield player.
You may also want to watch:
Slade was keeping the identity of his target under wraps, but said: “With a bit of luck the first one is all bagged up.”
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections