Orient boss Slade closes in on first signing
Midfield man set to strengthen squad
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes to make his first signing before the end of the week.
The O’s chief has targeted ‘three or four’ key signings and has already talked to several players about a move to Brisbane Road.
Slade met with a player today (Tuesday) and said: “Hopefully we are getting really close now and I’m optimistic that something will happen before the end of the week.”
With Slade releasing top scorer Scott McGleish and Ryan Jarvis a new striker is his priority, but the first arrival is likely to be a midfield player.
You may also want to watch:
Slade was keeping the identity of his target under wraps, but said: “With a bit of luck the first one is all bagged up.”
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation