Orient boss Slade closes in on first signing
Midfield man set to strengthen squad
Orient manager Russell Slade hopes to make his first signing before the end of the week.
The O’s chief has targeted ‘three or four’ key signings and has already talked to several players about a move to Brisbane Road.
Slade met with a player today (Tuesday) and said: “Hopefully we are getting really close now and I’m optimistic that something will happen before the end of the week.”
With Slade releasing top scorer Scott McGleish and Ryan Jarvis a new striker is his priority, but the first arrival is likely to be a midfield player.
Slade was keeping the identity of his target under wraps, but said: “With a bit of luck the first one is all bagged up.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Important' to get back to winning ways for West Ham says Lanzini
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 West Ham showed great character and resilience to beat Chelsea says Moyes
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 Leyton Orient progress in FA Cup with huge win over Tranmere
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex